Saturday, January 25, 2014

Oh my it has been awhile....finally getting more of my ducks in a row in order to follow my creative dreams...The Crooked Stitcher is branching out and now has another blogging home, Cup Creek Valley Designs....I am hoping the Crooked Stitcher becomes more of the blog about my own pattern designs and Cup Creek Valley Designs will be more about my handmade jewelry and finished handiwork items...it is so hard for me to define my style as I enjoy primitive, vintage, traditional and the whimsical...but I guess that is what makes using one's creativity such a blessing...one can express their feelings thru their art....I love anything simple...things that can be made with basic tools of the trade and the 'make do' spirit...my Grandma Ola made so many beautiful quilts and she only had the basic tools and supplies and her God-given talents....although she moved on to heaven several years ago, she is forever an inspiration....My most recent pattern, shown here with my favorite sewing machine ever...I just love my Suzie Singer!!

This pattern design was inspired by a vintage stamped cross stitch wedding sampler....I used a little bit of wool (I love wool!) to make the heart in the center....it is fun to bring wool and counted cross stitch together....it is stitched on onasburg fabric (my 'make do' spirit showing itself)...and I used a little recycled sari silk to trim out the edge....I love recycled sari silk for my stitchy projects as well as my jewelry projects....anyway hoping you all have a blessed weekend and can take time to do what you enjoy....until next time 

Blessed is the man that trusts in the Lord, and whose hope is in the Lord.  Jeremiah 17:7

No comments:

Post a Comment